Road Line Marking Get To Know Its Types And Benefit Of Having It On The Road
It’s imperative to follow traffic rules when you are on road, as this is for our as well as for others’ safety. Since driving a vehicle has become a daily task of many people, we as a motorist do not think much about the danger it carries. At this time, relying on the road signage and the road line marking is the only guidance that directs us in our whole journey. With the help of these pointers, we can have appropriate information about every single thing when we are on the road.
It is important to keep the road markings visible for both the motorists and pedestrians who are on the road. A road line marking is important for us, as it helps us navigate the road systems, and also it guides us to drive appropriately as per the situation. But sometimes we see that these markings are unclear, and at this time, they can be dangerous for the motorists and other people to avail the appropriate information. The important function of road marking is that it ensures an orderly flow of traffic, and serves as a visual barrier for all the people on the road.
The Different Types Of Road Line Marking
It is important to know the different road line markings when you are on the road, for a smooth and safe journey. Some of the most relevant markings include:
- Longitudinal Markings: The longitudinal markings are placed on the direction of traffic for the proper indication of the driver to know his position on the road. Different marks made on the road of different colors indicate different traffic flow in longitudinal markings. It includes road line marking like broken lines which ensure the crossing with discretion, double-crossing lines indicate the crossing in an emergency, etc. Apart from this, there are also different longitudinal markings like centerline, border or edge line, bus lane markings, traffic lane markings, etc.
- Traffic lane Markings: The traffic lane markings are made in the form single broken lines which are of 100 mm width normally. A subdivision of different lanes is made on the center of the line for proper traffic paths.
- Transverse Markings: These markings are marked across the direction of the traffic and are marked at intersections. Give way markings, markings for parking’s, pedestrian markings, etc. are some of its examples. For pedestrian crossing, sufficient space must be available on the footpath, and it must be seen that there is no further interruption of any traffic in the areas. Markings for parking are made in specified areas where parking of vehicles is desirable.
- Warning line markings: Warning lines are specially made on horizontal and vertical curves to make the drivers cautious about the hazardous locations which would come on their way. The warning line-markings are on a single line having 7 segments only.
Road Line Marking – The importance of having it
The importance of road markings is given below:
- Helps in traffic guidance: The road line marks help in traffic guidance which is painted in white and yellow lines. It signifies the driver whether to pass or turn in that lane.
- Provides safety: Road markings ensure the safety of the drivers and other people on the road. If a driver runs off a road, then they can serve as noise generators for them.
- Helps in reducing the speed: In certain lanes, there are markings made on the road where you have to limit your speed to a particular extent.
Remember all these points and do share them with your fellow beings, as these offer a great help for all.