Pros and Cons of Tankless Water Heaters
This blog will inform you about all the pros and cons of a tankless water heater system. A quick read of this blog will help you make the right choice for your home’s hot water supply.
Pros and Cons of Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are in high demand these days. People are choosing tankless water heaters over standard i.e. tank water heaters. Unlike old tank water heaters, tankless water heaters do not have to heat then reheat the water, they are an instant solution to your hot water needs. Tankless water heaters supply hot water as per the demand of the customers. Additionally, the reason why people are jumping over these water heaters is that they are more energy-efficient as compared to tank-style hot water heaters.
Instead of following all the new trends without thorough research, people should compare the pros and cons of the new tankless water heaters before committing to one permanently.
Let’s walk through all the pros and cons of investing in a tankless hot water heater. These will let you make the right decision for your home.
The Pros Of Investing In A Tankless Water Heater
- It Provides You Instant Hot Water Supply: This is one of the best features of tankless hot water heaters. Unlike tank hot water heaters, you do not have to wait for hot water when you have a tankless hot water heater. These water heaters provide you with an instant supply of hot water. Once the pipe cold water runs out of your faucet, you will instantly have an ending stream of blissful hot water. These systems can supply instant hot water without the involvement of those big ugly tanks.
- Tankless Hot Water Heaters Have A Long Life: Where a standard hot water heater can last only for 10 years, a tankless hot water heater can run efficiently for at least 20 years suggest by Professional Sydney Plumber. This means that you will not fall in need of a replacement every 10 years if you do tankless hot water heaters.
- Reduction In Month-To-Month Spendings: Yes, tankless water heaters are expensive but they are a one-time investment. Not only that they run very well till at least 20 years but these water heaters are much more efficient than the standard ‘tank-style water heaters. According to all the consumer reports, these systems are about 22 percent more proficient than tank-style water heaters.
- It Saves A Ton Of Space: if you have a smaller space or if you are just not letting a big bulky water heater ruin your property’s interior then tankless water heaters should be the way to go for you. Tankless water heaters are way smaller than tank-style water heaters. Additionally, they look extremely old when it comes to design. If you have a modern interior then they will not at all go with your house’s design.
- Tankless Water Heaters Will Save Up On Utility Bills: Tankless water heaters do not have to heat the water again and again like tank-style water heaters. The tank-style water heaters keep on heating and reheating the water which makes them use energy continuously no matter if you are using the hot water or not. Therefore, tankless water heaters are more energy-efficient than tank-style water heaters.
- You Will Never Run Out Of Hot Water: If you have a big family then a tank hot water system is not at all the right choice for you. The hot water heater tanks can quickly run out of hot water when more than one person uses hot water at the same time. However, tankless water heaters do not consist of such problems because they heat the water instantly instead of storing it in a tank.
- Availability Of Plenty Of Tankless Water Heater Models: Not only that tankless water heaters come in gas and electric models but it also comes in solar heating models. So, these heaters are also environmentally friendly.
The Cons Of Investing In A Tankless Water Heater
- Tankless Water Heater Can Provide Inconsistent Water Temperatures: There have been many complaints about how tankless hot water heaters supply water in inconsistent temperatures.
- Higher Investment Cost: The initial cost of getting a tankless hot water system installed is extremely expensive. They cost at least double the price of a tank-style water heater. Additionally, the installation price can also be higher than the price of tank-style water heater installation.
- Limitations In Supply Of Hot Water: Where a standard water heater can provide you some gallons of water, a tankless hot water heater is not equipped enough to provide this much water at once.
- Requirements Of Additional Maintenance Equipment: Usually it is extremely necessary to have a water softener if you want to ensure the efficient working of a tankless hot water heater. Additionally, the requirements of a water softener add even more price to the initial cost of the tankless water heater.
- Rerouting Gas Lines Requirements: Although tankless water heaters are modern they need a non-traditional installation setup. This will make the installation of your system a lot more expensive. You may also have to reach out to a contractor to add more vents or reroute the gas lines.
- It Will Takes Months To Cover The Expensive Initial Investment: Yes, the month-to-month expenses of having a tankless water heater are cheaper but the initial investment cost is so high that it will take months and months for you to make up for it. So, there is not any major benefit when it comes to less monthly maintenance cost.
Still, Confused? Reach Out To Us To Make The Right Choice
We can assist you in making the right choice when it comes to water heaters. According to your requirements, we will provide you with the most suitable hot water heater for your property. Additionally, you will not have to worry about your heater’s maintenance or installation because we can do it for you at an extremely low price. So, speak to us to clear out all your doubts at any time.