Node vs Java: Which One of Them Is Better Than the Other?
Both Node and Java are marvellous technologies. Using both technologies a developer can easily develop quality efficient apps in a very short time.
Both Node and Java are marvellous technologies. Using both technologies a developer can easily develop quality efficient apps in a very short time. Furthermore, both technologies come with a great set of features that can be very useful for a developer. But which technology should you use? Which technology is more superior to the other? So, today we are going to make both these technologies compete against each other to see which one of them is more superior to the other.
What Is Node.JS?
- It is perfect for a full-stack development
- It runs on the V8 browser engine of Google.
- The runtime environment features an internal node package manager that helps a developer easily install, update/uninstall node.js packages on an app. To learn about the package manager in more detail feel free to join the Node JS Training in Noida.
- A large community of users.
- It supports caching of modules, etc.
What Is Java?
Java is a stupendous OOP language. Using it a developer can easily develop quality efficient apps and software for computers and mobile. The programming language is highly stable and efficient and comes with robust cross-platform capabilities. This is the main reason why Java is very popular among software engineers and developers.
Following are the key features of this fabulous OOP language:
- It contains hundreds of libraries.
- The programming language is highly secure.
- It is a highly stable and efficient programming language.
- Java is simpler to learn in comparison to other popular programming languages.
- It is not platform-dependent.
- It is much faster in comparison to other famous programming languages.
- Java supports multi-threading, etc.
What Are the Major Differences Between Both of Them?
Following are the key difference between both Java and Node:
- Node is simpler to learn/use in comparison to Java.
- Java is more secure and reliable in comparison to its competitor.
- Java is perfect for developing complex software and apps. While Node is suitable for developing speedy and scalable web apps and network apps.
- Java is suitable for large-size projects. On the other hand, Node.js is not suitable for large-size projects. It is suitable for only medium-sized projects.
- Java supports multithreading. While Node does not support multi-threading.
- You can use Node.js for frontend & backend development. While you cannot use Java for frontend development. You can only use it for backend development.
- You need to install JDK (Java Development Kit) on your system to build apps using Java. On the other hand, Node requires you to install an archive file on your PC for using it for developing apps. To learn how to install Node.js on your system in detail feel free to join the Node JS Training Institute in Gurgaon.
Both Node and Java are marvelous technologies and come with a great set of features. But both the technologies have their own pros and cons. However, overall Node.js appears to be a better option than Java. Why? Because it is very easy to learn and use and you can also use it for developing both the frontend/backend of an app. So, make sure you use it for your development projects rather than Java.