How to Export Chart of Accounts to a New QuickBooks File?
In order to learn more about this feature and also find out to transfer chart of accounts to a new QuickBooks file, make sure to read this post carefully till the end.
Exporting and transferring chart of accounts to a new company file in QuickBooks allows the user to restore portable files in QuickBooks with much ease. Chart of accounts is seen in QuickBooks, simply to save time, as it assists in keeping the records of expense accounts, items, customers, vendors, classes, etc.
In order to learn more about this feature and also find out to transfer chart of accounts to a new QuickBooks file, make sure to read this post carefully till the end. Or you can also contact our technical team and ask them to perform the steps for you.
Steps to transfer chart of accounts to a new QuickBooks files
The steps involved in transferring chart of accounts to a new QuickBooks files are as follows:
Step 1: Export chart of accounts
- The very first step is to open the QuickBooks company file
- Look for the chart of accounts you wish to export
- Select file from the taskbar
- Move to the utilities tab and select export
- Select lists to IIF files
- You will see a list on the screen
- Select chart of accounts tab
- Save dialog box will appear
- Save the file by selecting location from the drop down list
Step 2: Convert the file
- At first, the user needs to open excel
- Look for the data from the taskbar located at the top
- Click on from text option
- And you will see a dialog box as import text file on the screen
- Move to the folder where you have saved the chart of accounts
- If you have the previous of Microsoft office 2010, then look for the text import wizard
- Search the preferred IIF file
- Open the file and follow the steps
- Select the file you wish to export
- Select the delimited option
- Hit next
- Click on general
Step 3: Save the file
- You will see a small box on the screen, after which you need to select the location for importing the file
- Select the existing worksheet option and hit ok tab
- The user is then required to move to the file menu and click on save as tab
- Lastly, the file will be saved in excel sheet format
By the end of this post, we believe that the steps, we have mentioned in over here might help in transferring chart of accounts to a new QuickBooks file.
However, in case of any query or if you need any sort of technical assistance, give us a call at our toll-free customer support number i.e.1-844-405-0906. Our QuickBooks premier support experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you with immediate technical support.