What is Dynamics 365 Nonprofit Accelerator?
Dynamics 365 nonprofit accelerator is aimed to help nonprofits make the most of their nonprofit program. It has been built with all necessary features.
Dynamics 365 Nonprofit Accelerator is aimed at helping organizations eliminate data silos and enabling powerful insights into their data. Microsoft has designed Dynamics 365 Nonprofit Accelerator to work with nonprofits and relevant partners to develop solutions based on entities and attributes commonly used by nonprofits for constituent management, fundraising, awards, program delivery and impact tracking.
These entities are donor commitments, designations, transactions, awards, disbursements, delivery frameworks, results, indicators, benefit recipients etc.
- The nonprofit accelerator serves as a uniform platform for all those customers intending to connect, embed and extend the Dynamics 365 platform and Microsoft Power Platform and subsequently benefit from integration with the Common Data Model for Nonprofits. Ever since its initial release back in November 2018, Microsoft has added extensions and enhancements in 5 updated releases dated April 2019, July 2019, November 2019, January 2020 and June 2020. Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 Nonprofit Accelerator provides the following to partners and nonprofit organizations:
- Extensions to the Common Data Model for Nonprofits, inclusive of industry-standard definitions of constituent management, fundraising, awards, program delivery and impact data tracking.
- Program design template application which partners can evolve to bolster the nonprofit program and country managers can use to create and browse logframes that include logical frameworks.
- The ability to connect these logframes with internal, external and standard indicators such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to improve program measurement and outcome tracking.
- Eight (8) unique sample model-driven applications that empower partners to develop UI, workflows and business logic to automate Awards, Case Management, Constituents, Delivery Frameworks, Fundraising, IATI Hub, Project Management & Program Design and Volunteer Management.
- Necessary support to extend the model with custom entities, forms and relationships that meet nonprofit needs.
- Necessary support that help build canvas apps in Power Apps.
- Sample dashboards that feature fundraising and program delivery analytics, which can also be extended.
- Sample data that is deployable, in order to infuse life into sample apps.
- Data integrator templates and mappings that help integrate data from the Nonprofit Accelerator in Dynamics 365.
- Walkthroughs, reference guides, mapping guides, entity-relationship diagrams and metadata documentation on the data model, all made available through AppSource.
- IATI add-on common data models, sample model-driven apps, sample data, flows and documentation.
There are 3 major nonprofit areas that the nonprofit accelerator focuses on:
- Case management data model extensions, new sample app and sample data: This provides building blocks for partners to implement solutions that bolsters the nonprofit program staff to track clients and cases and ties cases to certain program goals.
- Project management & program design data model extensions, new sample app and sample data: This provides a complete delivery framework assuring delivery of programs aligned to indicators and other program objectives, budgets and results.
- Nonprofit operations toolkit: This is a comprehensive solution meant to enable the delivery of a supported operation solution meant to aid nonprofits in implementing a project and awards management process meant to reduce costs and build trust with those lending funds.
This is what the Dynamics 365 Nonprofit Accelerator is meant to help nonprofits accomplish.