Troubleshooting for Fixing QuickBooks Error H202 and H505
QuickBooks Error H202 and H505 usually occurs when any user tries to access the QuickBooks company file which is actually located on another computer. However, the cause of this error may not be initially apparent and can cause a lot of confusion. The reason for this can be one of the below mentioned: • System firewall blocking communication process of QuickBooks. • Incorrect DNS settings. • Hosting settings not correct
QuickBooks Error H202 and H505 usually occurs when any user tries to access the QuickBooks company file which is actually located on another computer.
How can you fix the Error H505 and H202?
This Error can be fixed by these simple solutions.
- Adding Server to Window host file:
- First you have to open windows host file on the computer which is showing the error in the notepad as admin.
- Then, at the end of the IP address, place the insertion and input server’s IP address and then click on tab.
- Enter server’ name.
- Save it and exit from the notepad.
- And, then open the company file.
2)Creating new folder for your QBW file
- You need to create a new folder on the server computer first.
- Allow Windows access permissions to share and set-up the company file.
- Then you have to copy the QBW file to the new folder.
- Now you can open your company file in the multi-user mode.
These solutions can help you easily resolve the issues that you encounter due to Error H202 and H505. But, if you still face problem in resolving these issues, you can reach QBSsolved any time at +1(888)9101619. Here our team of experts is present round the clock to help you