Reasons to clean curtains and blinds and why is it important
The curtains in our house also deserve proper attention similar to our floor and kitchen. It is quite common for us to neglect cleaning the curtains or not give them the attention they deserve. There are many different types of curtains and all need appropriate cleaning to ensure they remain clean and you maintain the hygiene of your house. This can be achieved with minimal effort and cost.
Some of the popular blinds include the Venetian blinds, roller blinds, Roman blinds, Velux blinds, Skylight blinds. Although cleaning a curtain is different and slightly more complicated from cleaning other items like clothes or bedding there is not a major difference. This article explains the importance of cleaning curtains and blinds cleaning in Melbourne on a regular basis and the benefits of leaving this to the professionals.
Importance of Keeping Blinds Clean
It is important to clean your house on a regular basis to ensure proper hygiene. The benefit of regular cleaning is that it helps avoid big bills later; in fact, such houses also become an environmental risk. It is easy to overlook the windows and curtains when cleaning your house however, it is equally important to clean them. Curtains and blinds may not be something you clean on a regular basis; however, it is a good idea to clean them at the start of each new season. Here are several reasons why it is important to keep your windows clean:
- Routine cleaning helps reduce allergens.
- If cleaned on a regular basis the curtains will be easier.
- Various potentially harmful bacteria tend to reside on the surface of your curtain that poses an environmental hazard if not dealt with on a regular basis.
- It is quite natural for one to handle the blinds with their bare hands, however, doing so is likely to leave an oil patch on the curtain due to our natural oily skin. This allows dust to settle on the curtain that can lead to discolouration.
- Cleaning the curtains on a regular basis is a good method of extending the life of your drapes. It is important to care for the drapes on a routine basis for this purpose; at times hiring professional cleaning for roller blinds might be advisable as well since they have the right equipment for the job.
- A filthy drape will usually appear dull and begin to fade affecting the overall decor of your house and room. Hiring professionals for cleaning blackout blinds is a good method of restoring them to as good as new.
- For those with pets, it is quite common for the hair of the pets to get lodged in the strangest places during shedding. It is vital to clean the curtains to rid them of pet hair.
- An unkempt and ignored curtain will also begin to stink due to the dust, dirt, smoke, and hair of your pets. It is vital to have your drapes cleared periodically to avoid having to deal with bad odour and invest in air fresheners.
Tips to Clean your Blinds
There are many different types of blinds hence each requires a unique technique and appropriate equipment to clean. A Venetian blind can be spot cleaned with a cloth or by using a vacuum with the brush attachment. It can also be wiped with a microfibre towel that has been dipped in a bowl of warm and soapy water. On the other hand, a roller blind will need to be wiped on both sides using a towel that is damp.
It is not advisable to allow your blinds to remain in the same state for a long duration of time since this can lead to several issues besides being a cleaning nightmare. Hiring a professional cleaning service in Melbourne for the purpose of cleaning your blinds is highly beneficial since they implement advanced techniques for this purpose. They are also highly skilled and possess special equipment for this purpose.