Natural Stone for Home Renovations & Benefits of Marble
Home renovations are more common than one can imagine hence it is good practice to perform decent research prior to settling on the optimal building material. There are many popular options like hardwood, carpet, vinyl, and natural stone when it comes to flooring. The best method of picking which one is best is to inspect the pros and cons of the various types of building materials.
There are many benefits of opting for natural stone where some of the popular natural stones include marble, granite, limestone. This article explains the benefits of using natural stones for home renovations. It is a must-read for those searching for marble suppliers in Melbourne.
Benefits of Opting for Natural Stone
There can be innumerable reasons why homeowners would want to renovate their houses. Natural stone is the obvious choice for the purpose of home renovations especially, for interior design. It is also often used for the exterior of the house. Natural stone products have been around since a very long time, in fact, it has been used since ancient times and used for many popular structures. The Great Pyramids of Giza, Colosseum, Taj Mahal, etc. were made using natural stone. Some of the other benefits of using natural stone are that it gives a feeling of authenticity, providing good texture.
Types of Natural Stones for Home Renovations
Some of the popular natural stones available for home renovations are listed here:
- Travertine: This is a popular building material during home renovations and contributes to innovative designs. The unique feature of travertine is that it is formed in hot springs or limestone caves. It typically consists of tiny holes made by carbon dioxide evasion.
- Slate: This is a dense and strong rock that is non-absorptive. It is useful for both the interior and exterior for construction purposes and has been around for a long time. This type of natural stone is available in several shades like grey, green, red, black, purple. This type of material is highly durable and also stain resistant.
- Onyx and sandstone: This is a very good option when it comes to selecting natural stone for home renovations. It is translucent which is mainly due to quartz crystal, it is also a more delicate stone and requires a higher degree of maintenance. Sandstone has a uniform texture, a low absorption rate, with an aesthetic appeal.
- Granite: Since granite is hard and durable it is usually the first choice when it comes to home renovations. The benefit of using this is that it can withstand extreme heat conditions and will not stain. This is one of the most versatile of all-natural stones and has several applications like for the floor and fireplace. The fact that it can be used for both indoor and outdoor purposes is an added advantage.
- Limestone: The benefit of using this stone is that it improves with age and is available in several colours. It has a consistent look at all times no matter where it is sourced from.
- Marble: Marble happens to be an all-time favourite for many reasons. This natural stone has been used for a long time and is available in many different shades too. The fact that it has veins of mineral deposits helps with the beatifically, especially when used as tiles. These from innovative patterns since each tile is likely to have unique veins.
Benefits of Opting for Marble
Many homeowners are involved in home renovations and marble is often the chosen building material. It has a wide range of properties that helps it stand out making it the preferred material. It is highly durable and can withstand high temperature The fact that it has a high aesthetic appeal and is also scratch-resistant and stain-resistant to some extent works in its favour.