Everything you need to know about guardrail
The guardrail can act in multiple ways from deflecting a vehicle back onto the road, slowing it or stopping it down, or maybe just slowing it down enough to proceed past the guardrail. They do help considerably, although they cannot be termed as 100?ilsafe
While driving along the highways you must have come across Guardrails. Ever wondered what is the purpose of a guardrail? In simple words, it is meant to form a safety barrier to help protect a motorist who has for some reason or the other drifted off the road. If the vehicle is being driven off-road, the best thing that can happen is for that vehicle to come to rest unrestrained. Sometimes, however, that is not possible which is where guardrails come in. In certain places on any given stretch of road, the roadway might have steep embankments or side-slopes next to it, or even be lined with trees. Other obstacles can be utility poles, bridge piers and retaining walls. In such a scenario, striking a guardrail would be greatly preferable to striking the obstacles, so guardrails are usually installed. It would be safe to say that they lessen the severity of a potential crash and make the roads safer.
The guardrail can act in multiple ways from deflecting a vehicle back onto the road, slowing it or stopping it down, or maybe just slowing it down enough to proceed past the guardrail. They do help considerably, although they cannot be termed as 100% failsafe.
Making the roads safer in many ways since 1995 is Guardrail Direct, a family-owned business operating out of their factory in Victory but serving all across Australia. Committed to providing the highest quality and service, they also install Road Safety Barriers, Armco Barriers, Motorcycle Barriers, End Terminals, Carpark and Warehouse Barriers. They are also the preferred safety barriers to suppliers across Australia.
Benefits of installing Guardrail Safety Bollards
- It protects employees from possible mishaps/ accidents that can occur during work hours.
- They serve as visual aids to guide traffic and restrict vehicle access to certain specified areas.
- The high quality, versatile barrier equipment provides exceptional protection both inside and outside the building premises.
- Absorbs impact and increases safety and security in any facility
- They provide an extra layer of protection to inaccessible areas where guard rails and other safety barriers cannot reach.
- Their pipe-style design allows them to be placed in tighter curves and narrow areas,
allowing enough room for personnel on foot to walk around them, but still remain visible to any employees handling the larger, mobile equipment.
- These bollards come in multiple designs so as to fit any working environment
Ideal places to use Guardrail Safety Bollards
- Along the sides of buildings or entryways to usually divide traffic lanes
- In front of Gas and Water meters
- Warehouse Shelving corners
- In places where fragile materials, packaging, racking and finished product surfaces that
have the risk of being hit by pallet jacks and forklifts
- As an extra layer of protection for door mechanisms in loading bays and other high-traffic
- Along with car parks and other traffic areas
- To direct and deter traffic as and when needed
- The galvanized and safety yellow finish allows bollard posts to be highly visible to the
drivers thus preventing unnecessary accidents